- Profiles editor
- Profiles chord
- Profiles lift
- Sails and Wings
- Boat daggerboard
- Lifting line theory on Heliciel.com
Profiles Aerodynamics / Hydrodynamics
When it is desired to design a wing, a sail, a daggerboard or any other object whose lift and drag is important to us, it is useful to refer to the database to select an existing profile, which combined the qualities we are looking for, before reinventing the wheel.
(maximum thickness) / chord = relative thickness
Camber = maximum distance between the rope and the center line profile:
- The lift, but also a profile drag, increases with its camber and thickness
- Thin and low camber profiles have a better lift/drag ratio, but less mechanical resistance.
A method of geometric construction profiles according to a mathematical equation been developed by the NACA.
The famous NACA profiles are built from the DIGITS of their name. Mecaflux integrated editor NACA 4 DIGITS profiles that allows you to very simply create a coordinate file and profile drawing by varying DIGITS profile with a cursor:
- You can also use a list of files coordinate Profile: Download List profile coordinate ZIP
- vous pouvez utiliser un profils déjà intégré à MECAFLUX standard (vous n'aurez qu'à choisir votre profil)
A more detailed report on the aerodynamic and hydrodynamic profiles is available at Heliciel